Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's Up With That?!

So I haven't written in this blog for some time now and I wanted to continue about whatever I want. And that's what I'm going to do.

Today, I wanted to get some coupons, since I am going to a friends house for dinner and I am bringing something over to contribute. Since I am going to the supermarket, I figured I can buy some stuff for my pantry, too.

Everyone pretty much knows my OBSESSION with cereal. Lately, to save money, I have been purchasing store brand cereals. Instead of Lucky Charms, I purchased Magic Stars. Instead of Apple Jacks, I purchased Apple Dapples. (You get whats going on).

Since I want to fill my cabinet with tons of cereal (name brand this time) to last me at least 2 weeks (Did I mention I'm OBSESSED?!?), I decided to save some money by going to Coupons.com. I actually really like this website, but I came across something that bothered me. I saw a coupon that had a box of Kellogg's cereal, which normally would be awesome for me. But instead the coupon reads something funny..."Buy TWO (2) boxes of Kellogg's cereal and get $1.00 off peanut butter." WHAT?!?!

How can you write a coupon that seems like it's for cereal and make it for peanut butter?? Listen, I love peanut butter, but this doesn't seem to make sense. I decide not to print this coupon and move onto the next cereal coupon.

Another Kellogg's coupon and this one says "Buy TWO (2) boxes of Kellogg's cereal and get $1.00 off a bag of flour." You have got to be kidding me! I don't quite understand the connection. And why should I buy TWO boxes to get a deal on something else? I am baffled and disappointed.

I guess I'll stick to the cut out coupons in the Sunday paper. At least those deals somewhat make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment