Tuesday, November 2, 2010

oops...I did it again...

So I sprained my ankle...again! And the way it happened and the things that happened around it is essentially happening the same way.

It happened during kickball and it was close to home plate, but instead of celebrating a run for our team, a run was just scored by the opposing team. I got off the field quickly thinking, "Why is this happening again?!?!" Ahh! Tim was great and got me back to the apartment to rest and ice my foot. Interestingly enough, he will be venturing back to Italy on Saturday (the last time this happened, he was leaving the following day).

Today, my cousin, Joel, invited me to see a comedy show. I was a little hesitant considering last time I took a cab to and from the comedy club by myself. Normally, this would be okay, but it is an added $20 to my night. Anyway, when I told him that I don't want to do that, but would love to see the show, he paused. "Wasn't your foot messed up last time we went?" And yes it was! This time it will be a Nick Kroll show, instead of Doug Benson (yay, difference!)

I'm going to have to re-track what I did last time I injured myself and make sure that I don't repeat certain things. I fixed one thing, which was getting crutches (Thanks, Joel!) and trying to speed up my recovery time. Whenever I'm home, I will ice my ankle and elevate it. I will keep my air cast on for as long as I can. I will take Advil everyday! I hope to walking like a normal person by next week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment