Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 14-Day on my own #5.5

I got up to do my usual schedule: Update my blog, Shower, Get to the pool for some good quality tan time, Shower to see the tan progress, Hung out until Tim got home. This time instead of going to the restaurant (thank goodness) or ordering room service (thank goodness), we opted to walk into the heart of the city of Savigliano for dinner.
The walk is about 10-15 minutes from our hotel. And after another 2 minutes, you can walk completely around the piazza thats in the city's center. My stomach starts to growl (so what else is new) and ask Tim if we can eat dinner now. We go into a "restaurant" that only sells Panini's and EVERYONE was basically looking at us as if to want to say, "Why would any english speaking person want to come to this part of town?" Well, because we want to eat! The hotel restaurant is actually the best restaurant in Savigliano, and we thought thats the direction people would point us to. Please, we want to avoid that!
We finally get to a place that specializes in fancy pizza. I ate one called "Godzilla" without the uozo (egg). It came with ham, mushrooms, and bacon. What I didn't know is that most of the bacon was uncooked, so I gladly picked at my pizza and set it off to the side. Tim had a pizza with sausage, onions and that uncooked bacon. We were both a little disappointed in the pizza, but its ok. With only a day and a half left in Europe, it made us look more forward to coming back to America. I <3 America!
We paid for the check, which was tough since they were so busy. We waited about 20-30 minutes until we decided to just go up to the cashier to ask for it. And then the cashier was rushed and speaking so fast that it was a good thing the total flashed on the register. It also gave me a minor strain in my neck from nodding my head pretending I understood what she was saying.
We picked up some gelato, since that is never a disappointment. I had Creme & Caramel on a cone. Now THIS is what I'm going to miss. And I don't even care about my constant forgetting of my lactaid pills (although I know I will care tomorrow). Gelato is one of the best things about Italy.
We make it back to the room and are exhausted. Just one more work day for Tim and one more pool day for me and then the route to home will be upon us

No comments:

Post a Comment